Friday, September 22, 2006

Wallet

When doing the Myers Briggs lecture last week, the behavioural psychology lecturer conducted a survey of how many people in the lecture theatre had never lost their wallet. I should have known I was onto a loser as soon as my hand went up........

Having spent almost 2 full days looking for it, I finally threw the towel in on Wednesday and declared it properly lost. I am still convinced it is somewhere in the house, but I only have so many hours in the day. I then proceeded to go into the bank in order to declare my misfortune.

The process was so incredibly simple. The guy clicked three buttons on the computer and then made me sign two sheets of paper. No questions asked. Rather worryingly, I then asked to get some cash to tide me over while the new card arrives. This he did without any questions, or even worse any id of any sort being displayed... To contrast, HSBC kept me on the phone for 15 minutes while asking me minute details when I was born accurate to the second and my mothers eye colour preference. I am more and more convinced that the French way of doing things is actually quite good. When you have a job to do, just do it without pissing around. And then go on a 7 week summer holiday. And if anyone has seen my wallet - drop me a line....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home