Monday, September 11, 2006

It's started

And by that I don't mean the course - that was last weeks' news. Keep up. I mean the endless Cambridge-like cycle of work, work, some more work, guilt following 5 minutes of slacking off, following by more work. The amount of pre-reading, problems, group work and all the rest of it you have to do is quite obscene. And being the second week, everyone's really keen.

Went to an Investment Banking presentation today. Reminded me that that's one thing I won't be doing. I just can't see myself in the alpha-male-telling-100-people-it's-great-to work 9-3AM including weekends for your first year category. Important to keep doing these things though, just so you know where you are.

The career thing kicked off in style last Friday. My highlight was when in class of 200 the advisor started by asking people to raise their hand if they've changed jobs already. Mine went up like a rocket. Then she said to keep it up if you've changed jobs twice. By 4 I was the only one up, though going a bit limp. I think strictly speaking it should have gone down at 5. I got one of these quiet-but-knowing looks from the rest of the class I didn't quite know what to make of.

Did a Myers-Briggs type thingie today. Apparently I'm an ENFP. Which is nice.

Highlights of warm weather - top down motoring through the forest. Enjoy it while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home