Monday, September 18, 2006

The Night Google Came to Town

Last Friday was the Google recruitment presentation. For the uninitiated this is a company that is almost mythical in the eyes of those in the Technology industry. For me it was a breath of fresh air after getting a bit worried that by cutting out Consulting and Banking as post-MBA career paths I wasn't leaving myself with much open.

Sadly, the guy doing the presentation was mind blowingly uninspiring. Although for me it was quite refreshing. It made you realise that Google is just another company rather than this godly creation. And in fact the little people that actually do the kind of work I'd end up doing there post MBA were all pretty good - of the razor sharp brain variety. So there is some light at the end of the career corridor peeping in.

In other news I've decided to leverage the MBA faculty as much as possible and have started pursuing a lunch with one of the entrepreneurship members of faculty. First attempt was not as successful as hoped - I was referred to the "Entrepreneur-In-Residence". However, I am sure I shall be able to seduce him with my charms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home