Monday, June 26, 2006

Rejecting Driven People

As you may imagine, the intake of your average leading international business school comprises of some fairly driven people. The kind that have bitten the whole career thing so hard, and are so absorbed in shaking the living daylights out if in a bid to reach SUCCESS that some people like myself just find them a little bit too overwhelming. Which is brilliant. That's half the reason for going there. But then I don't think I would like to live with people like that. It would all be just a little too much. Splitting the whole work and play thing is important, after all.

Filling a house full of interesting people in such case becomes quite a difficult balancing act. On the one hand you need to make enough noise and make yourself appeal enough to the more laid back group of people. On the other hand, in the rush to secure accomodation the numbers are such that you will get a huge amount of interest from the Driven contingent. You end up playing a tip toe game with people. Personally, I find it very hard to say "No. I don't want to live with you". And I think my housemates also have the same difficulty. So you end up coming with excuses.

But anyways. I digress. I am pleased to announce that we have what a poker player would be delighted with - a Full House. And by golly I think we've done well - they all sound like pretty fab people.

All that leaves is everything else to do logistics wise, which is still a mind blowing amount.

In other news, I got ranted at in French on the phone by some random woman when trying to find out more about car insurance. Annoyingly she refused point blank to keep her rant wording constant when repeating it, thus scuppering any chance of me putting my listening comprehension skills through the repetition machine. I have no idea wha she was saying. Still, it seems one can buy short term car insurance to go over to France, so I can insure a car and buy myself a week to go and get ranted at in person come August. I'm sure once I start waving my arms around the French will suddenly become crystal clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home