Sunday, October 22, 2006

Exams

So. That's it for P1. Well, almost. The small matter of exams is what separates me from being able to knock P1 on the head. The past 3 days have been a daze of revision in a midst of stressed successful people. Which isn't actually that nice. Being in the bubble that is INSEAD it means that there's really not that much sensory stimulation going about that isn't work related. It doesn't help that the library's decided to grace us all with a "happy hour" - extra opening time over the weekend. The fun never ends in the forest wonderland.....

The irony is that the harder everyone works, the more they have to work - the scores INSEAD uses are based entirely on your relative grade to everyone else. And you only fail a course if the distribution of grades is really spread out around the mean and you're really far from it. So as long as everyone does about the same, you're home and dry.

I was going to use this as a retrospective of P1, but to be honest I'm a bit fed up with it all at the moment, so I'll probably wait until the start of P2 to do it cause otherwise this will come out overly negative. I think I just need to get out a bit and escape this MBA bubble - the sense of cabin fever is quite overwhelming.

For the generous 4 day break before P2 lectures start I'm going to Copenhagen with a whole bunch of people I haven't met. Let's hope they're not psychos!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get to work riff raff ;)

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home