Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm famous, I'm famous!

Most of you already know this cause I've been ranting about it for the past few days. But for those that don't, I submitted a picture I took while doing the van adventure to Private Eye and it has been published in this week's issue. So go out and buy it.

And before I get massacred, yes, I didn't really spot the picture but just happened to have a camera. I was told I should submit it, though I feel slightly cheap for taking credit where it is not due.

In other news, things have started hotting up on the too much work front. We're doing imperfect competition economics games with Wharton this week. Sounds awfully glamorous. Problem is you're supposed to do it with your group. And because it involves game theory, it means you end up in a group discussion which goes along the lines of "Well, we should do this. But if we did this then they would do that, so this would not turn out so well. Well, but if we knew they would do that we should do the other. But if they knew we are doing the other they would do this". And on, and on and Ariston. I'm half considering cutting my losses and ejecting myself from the group on this one. I scored a minor victory when I convinced our group of 4 to split into 2 groups of 2 each of which tackles two games. I guess the next step would be to assign a game per person. Hmm. Might not be such a bad idea.

In other news yet, we had another massive party on Saturday night. I'm starting to feel almost cool. There was dancing and drinking and a headache in the morning and hundreds of little bottles of beer (most of which were just less than half gone, interestingly). The highlight was that Enrico turned up. You probably can't really appreciate this, but when your life revolves around spending 12 hours at school a day and then living in a little village, Enrico has almost cult status. He's the mad Statistics professor. He looks something not unlike this:



To put it simply, this is a little bit like Brad Pitt just casually turning up to your party. We were the talk of the school, I tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home