Monday, July 17, 2006

Insurance, Car and Money

The urge to start quoting excerps from my to do list is growing daily. It is a hard battle, though I shall remain in the winning position for at least one more entry. Needless to say, I am now in a mad dash to the finish line tidiying up 1001 logistics.

I have managed to secure a quote from a French car insurance company for a British Registered car! I cannot explain how much of an achievement this is - I realise in years gone when archaeologists sift through early 2nd millennia artifacts this will not amaze them significantly, but rest assured, it is an achievement. And to top it all off, it's not actually a bad quote - about 380 quid for third party fire and theft.

Perhaps even more importantly, I've bought a car. It's one of these "buy it with your heart rather than your head" kind of cars that I'm sure I'll look at one day and just think "what was I thinking", but for now the heart is certainly very happy.

Actually, it seems this entry is written back to front. Even more importantly, I was awarded a scholarship following my interview with the amazing people. So financial worries are now completely over for the next 12 months - which is a good result indeed.

the whole anonymity thing is starting to be a bit of pain in the arse - I think I might have to start revealing some more facts by which I can be identified, otherwise a dullness not unlike dish water may set into this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home