Wednesday, October 25, 2006

20%

So that's it. 20% of this MBA thing is done. What a whirlwind. Has it been good? Well, I don't know. It's had good bits. It's had bad bits. Overall, it has certainly not been as good as I thought it would be. But then I knew my expectations were built up to heaven, back and there again. So something had to give. What did?

The academic side. It's really not been that interesting so far. I've been most genuinely surprised at this. Of the 5 modules I've done this term, one (statistics) taught me minimal amounts whilst having to do lots of tedious work just to remind myself how exactly one derives the chance of something happening when it is normally distributed.

In economics, new stuff was learned, but you feel it is so far away removed from real life that it's relevance is strained at best. And once again you go and plug away at tedious little problems that ultimately become an exercise in just learning how to get tedious little problems solved.

The one course where things could genuinely be learned, Accounting, was taught so so so shamefully poorly as to be embarrassing on a daily basis. Leaving you with a sense of knowing even less than when you first started.

Next time I'll write about the non-academic side of things. But for now, I have to go and pack for Denmark.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

20% ...that's a bit pessimistic. I'm sure you'll have picked up a couple of marks on the other questions.

Friday, October 27, 2006 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger The Apprentice said...

Ah no. I meant it's 20% of the programme is done.... thanks for the vote of confidence though ;-)

Monday, October 30, 2006 1:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home