Thursday, November 02, 2006

Things are looking up

At least on the academic side. I've now had 5 of the 6 courses for P2, and already I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling. For a start, the professors are actually quite good. Highlight so far seems to be the Management Accounting guy, who could quite easily do stand up comedy and be quite successful at it. He manages to make the whole experience really quite fun and interesting. And as a bonus, he's taken to playing us music before each lecture. So far the music I've heard has been stuff I've wanted to download immediately.

Corporate Finance II - The Return of the Bond Trader is also looking good. The professor seems to have photographic memory. He remembered (I didn't) that a question I asked in today's lecture was similar to the one I asked in Tuesday's class. Given that he's teaching 300 odd people, that's pretty impressive. We'll be doing options pricing, and I'll finally get to know what Black-Scholes actually is. I'm sure you think this is riveting....

It's the Montmellian Ball this Saturday. That's a party at a chateau. I should probably explain the whole chateau/accommodation/coolness hierarchy to the unitiated. Basically, pretty much as in high school and university, there's various echelons of coolness on the social scene. The peak of this pyramid tends to be occupied by the chaps and chapesses living in Chateaus. They tend to have a cool clickie feel. Of this, Montmellian is the creme-de-la-creme. At least this year. They seem to have gotten all the artsy type MBA students - bar me of course. So they've been busy organising a ball in the style of a 1920's speakeasy. This has involved making a movie with a gangster shootout (one of them drives a Citroen DS - which although not 20s, still looks pretty good in black and white photos), and sending newspaper articles to the whole year with the developing plotline. This seems to involve the mob muscling in on some Don's territory, but to be honest I haven't been following it that well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

high school....so you've decided to pitch your blog at an American audience then?

Friday, November 03, 2006 2:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home