Saturday, April 28, 2007

End of term

As ever, the end of term brings that inevitable feeling of "I must go somewhere else so that I can have a break". I'm convinced this is a feeling which is also a little bit of a crowd issue - as soon as term finishes, people scatter to the global winds quicker than one can say "It's the end of term". Myself, I had an interview scheduled in the middle of my break which I could only reschedule recently and hence I was left without an escape plan.

As the past week progressed I felt more and more the need to arrange something. Until the last minute yesterday the plan was to drive to Barcelona. And then I awoke this morning to 27C weather in a French village that is utterly picturesque with all the flowers in bloom. I asked myself what's wrong with a holiday here? And so Barcelona got postponed. Maybe by the middle of next week I would have had enough of idyllic French life, but for now the feeling of not having to go anywhere, do anything or any immediately looming deadlines is overwhelming.

I leave you with a poem - the grand finale of "Psychological Issues in Management". It's translated from Spanish, so please no critics.

Traveller,
There is no path,
You make the path as you walk
As you walk, you make the path.
And when you look back
You see the path
That you will never travel again
Traveller,
There is no path.
Only the wake of ships
Upon the Ocean.

CQW: Are you around for the break?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home