Saturday, June 02, 2007

Work avoidance

OK. OK. So maybe the abyss is a bit deeper than I thought, but still. It does have a bottom.

I'm having trouble working. Everything in my life seems to have saturated and reached the point where only a jarring change can get things back on track. The thought of reading another case makes my stomach churn. My ability to focus for an hour and a half in class is next to minimal. Text messages, doodles or plain simply staring outside is the weapon of work avoidance there.

In my spare time, I've got to prepare for another VC interview. You have no idea how much work this entails, and I won't start going into it here. But it does. Buckets and bucketloads of what must be as close to perfection as you can get it otherwise there is no point even trying. I'm really questioning my stamina to get me through this. Today was devoted to VC preparation. In between stopping for biccies, staring from the window, going for walks and Facebook I've maybe spent a couple of hours on it. This is stressful. You have the abyss on one side and an inability to focus on the other. Make it stop. Please.

CQW: Have you got a job yet?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no abyss, just some difficulties :) just keep moving on

Maybe you should think out of the box though. I don't know but, could you be making mistakes because you want to impress them instead of being natural and relaxed? just take it easy, and try to work just as if pressure wasn't there

just my five cents ;)

Saturday, June 09, 2007 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home